(Ephesians 6:10-18; Revelation 19:15; Hebrews 4:12; Joshua 1:8; Colossians 3:16; 2 Corinthians 2:11; Romans 8:14; 10:17; Psalm 1:1-3; 119:97-100,105-107)
Temptation of Jesus
Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred. And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple, And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him. – MATTHEW4:1-11 KJV
- I know how to resist Satan’s temptations and I am prepared to meet his attacks.
- I have taken up the weapons of my warfare and I am ready to fight.
- When I am tempted by the devil, I cut his power to pieces with the Word of the living God.
- The Word is the sword of my mouth and when I declare in faith “It is written,” the devil must yield.
- I am wise in warfare and cannot be fooled by Satan’s devices.
- I understand that Satan and his minions know the Word well and will twist it to their own benefit. But, I am a man/woman of the Word who meditates on it day and night. It is engrafted deeply into my spirit and has made my faith strong.
- I am a son/daughter of God led by the Spirit of God.
- I do not use the Word to show off the power that is given to me. I treat it with respect and give it – all of it, first to last—the ascendancy in my life.