In Numbers chapter 1, God commands Moses to number the people. The princes of the tribes. The number of every tribe. The Levites are exempted for the service of the Lord.
In Numbers chapter 2, The order of the tribes in their tents.
In Numbers chapter 3, The sons of Aaron. The Levites are given to the priests instead of the first-born; are numbered by their families. The families, number, and charge of the Gershonites; of the Kohathites; of the Merarites. The place and charge of Moses and Aaron. The first-born are freed by the Levites. The overplus are redeemed.
Insights and Prayers
Lord, I know You do all things decently and in order (1 Cor. 14:40).
There were approximately 3 million people in the wilderness. You demanded them to travel and live in order.
- The counting of the Israelites reminds me that You do not overlook one of Your children. Amen.
- Lord, just as the tabernacle was in the center of the camp, and Your presence was in the tabernacle; so I want Your presence in the center of my life.
- May others see You living in me.
- Lord, You choose to live in the center of all believers. When they rebelled, You withdrew Your presence. So, Lord, I worship You and yield to Your will.
- Come live in the center of my life.
- Lord, at the end You will occupy the center of heaven.
“Behold, in the midst of the throne… and in the midst of the elders, stood a lamb” (Rev. 5:6). Amen.
- Bible Summary – Adapted from The Treasury of Scripture Knowledge by R. A. Torrey
- Insights and Prayers – Adapted from The Prayer Bible