In Leviticus chapter 22, The priests in their uncleanness must abstain from the holy things. How they shall be cleansed. Who of the priest’s house may eat of the holy things. The sacrifices must be without blemish. The age of the sacrifice. The law of eating the sacrifice of thanksgiving.
In Leviticus chapter 23, The feasts of the Lord. The sabbath. The passover. The sheaf of first-fruits. The feast of Pentecost. Gleanings to be left for the poor. The feast of trumpets. The day of atonement. The feast of tabernacles.
In Leviticus chapter 24, The oil for the lamps. The shew-bread. Shelomith’s son blasphemeth. The law of blasphemy. Of murder. Of damage. The blasphemer is stoned.
Insights and Prayers
Lord, the priest had strict rules for the animals they brought as a sacrifice to You. They were a prediction of Christ who was a perfect fulfillment of these types; Christ was the lamb of God who took away the sins of the world.
Thank You for cleansing my sin by the blood of Jesus Christ. In appreciation I will live a holy life to You and I will serve You with my whole heart. Amen.
This chapter describes Israel’s religious calendar as expressed in the seven festivals of the year. Each of these festivals has a spiritual fulfillment in the historic roots of Christianity or its future. The annual calendar of Israel was for many centuries a prophetic witness to the ministry of Christ in our new dispensation of grace. The fourth festival, the Festival of Trumpets, represents the coming rapture of Christ. The last two festivals in the calendar refer to Israel and are yet to be fulfilled. Amen.
- Lord, thank you for the Passover, for on this day Jesus died for my sins, and the sins of the whole world. Lord, I pray for the salvation of a lost family so they will come to know you. Amen.
- Lord, You raised up Jesus on the Sunday after Pentecost. His resurrection is the first fruits of all those who will be resurrected after Him.
- Lord, I praise You for Jesus’ resurrection, for I will be raised, because of Him. Amen.
- Lord, Pentecost was fulfilled when the Holy Spirit came on the Day of Pentecost to fill every believer. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit to live a holy life and serve You acceptably. Amen.
- Lord, the Festival of Trumpets predates the return of Christ. He will return with the sound of a trumpet. My saved family and friends will be raised, and if I die before the rapture, I too will be raised with them. Lord, thank You for the hope of the rapture. I look for Jesus coming in the clouds. Amen.
- Lord, You have a future prepared for Israel. I look forward to that special day when “all Israel will be saved.” Amen.
- Lord, the Festival of Shelters looks back to Your deliverance of Israel from the land of Egypt. It also looks forward to the coming millennium when Israel will live in the Promised Land and enjoy Your special presence in peace. Amen.
- Lord, I will let my light shine in a dark world for You.
- I will be constant in my testimony so others will see Christ in me. Amen.
- Lord, I will fellowship constantly with Jesus, the Bread of Life, He will be my strength, and I will serve You. Amen.
- Lord, I will guard my speech so I don’t blaspheme You.
- I want to be a good testimony with my speech so others will glorify You. Amen.
- Lord, I will not intentionally harm another person; if I do so intentionally, forgive me.
- May I glorify You with all my actions.
- Help me be kind to other people, and keep me from hurting anyone. Amen.
- Bible Summary – Adapted from The Treasury of Scripture Knowledge by R. A. Torrey
- Insights and Prayers – Adapted from The Prayer Bible