In Leviticus chapter 20, Punishment for Disobeying God’s Laws includes, Of him that gives of his seed to Moloch. Of him that favours such an one. Of going to wizards. Of sanctification. Of him that curses his parents. Of adultery. Of incest. Of sodomy. Of bestiality. Of uncleanness. Obedience is required with holiness. Wizards must be put to death.
In Leviticus chapter 21, Rules for the Priests includes, Of the priests’ mourning. Of their holiness. Of their marriages. Of their estimation. Of the priest’s daughter convicted of whoredom. Of the high priest’s holiness. Of his marriage. The priests that have blemishes must not minister in the sanctuary.
Insights and Prayers
- Lord, I will be faithful in these things. My nation has a growing tolerance to seek these demon-influenced practices. Forgive my nation its sin, and don’t judge us. I pray for national revival. May my nation fear and worship You. Amen.
- Lord, Your laws are exact and when I break them, Your punishment is sure.
- Lord, I thank You for the blood of Jesus Christ who cleanses me from all sin, and delivers me from future judgment. Amen.
- Lord, I will obey Your laws and I will honor You in all I do. Use me for Your glory. Amen.
- Lord, the rules for priests were more strict than the rules for average Israelites. You want Your servants to be holy so they can wholly serve and glorify You.
- Today, Christ is my High Priest who sacrificed for me, and today, He is interceding for me.
- In a special way, I am a priest who ministers for You in worship and prayer.
- I will be separate from sin because I’m Your priest. I will serve You in worship and intercession. Amen.
- Bible Summary – Adapted from The Treasury of Scripture Knowledge by R. A. Torrey
- Insights and Prayers – Adapted from The Prayer Bible