Psalms chapter 45, The majesty and grace of Christ’s kingdom. The duty of the church, and the benefits thereof.
Psalms chapter 46, The confidence which the church has in God. An exhortation to behold it.
Psalms chapter 47, The nations are exhorted cheerfully to entertain the kingdom of Christ.
Psalms chapter 48, The ornaments and privileges of the church.
Psalms chapter 49, An earnest persuasion to build the faith of resurrection, not on worldly power, but on God. Worldly prosperity is not to be admired.
Psalms chapter 50, The majesty of God in the church. His order to gather his saints. The pleasure of God is not in ceremonies, but in sincerity of obedience.
Insights and Prayers
- Lord, You give us political leaders to lead us in peace, security, and beauty. Bless their lives, their families, and all they do. Amen.
- Lord, the present is a time of testing to see if all people will choose Your rule. But there is coming a time when You will rule all nations.
- I let You sit on the throne of my heart to rule me now so I can enjoy Your reign in the future. Amen.
- Lord, I sing praises to You because You created the universe and everything in it. One day You will return to take the rulership over all the nations of the earth.
- I praise You now as I will praise You in the future day of Your glorification. Amen.
- Lord, any place You dwell is glorious for Your glory magnifies its natural beauty.
- You have chosen Jerusalem and You have secured it with Your protection. People praise You for what has happened to that city. Amen.
- Lord, teach me to use every day for Your glory. While some days seem to drag, life is a race to the end that always seems to come sooner than we expect.
- I don’t pray for You to prepare me for the grave, but rather prepare me to live a full life for You; then death will take care of itself. Amen.
- Lord, because You created the universe, all things belong to You and are accountable to You.
- One day You will judge all people to determine if they honoured You and if they have brought a proper sacrifice for their sins.
- My sins are covered by the blood of Jesus, so I look forward to living with You for all eternity. Amen.
- Bible Summary – Adapted from The Treasury of Scripture Knowledge by R. A. Torrey
- Insights and Prayers – Adapted from The Prayer Bible