Psalms chapter 41, The recompence of the charitable. David complains of his enemies’ treachery. He flees to God for succour.
Psalms chapter 42, David’s zeal to serve God in the temple. He encourages his soul to trust in God.
Psalms chapter 43, David, praying to be restored to the temple, promises to serve God joyfully. He encourages his soul to trust in God.
Psalms chapter 44. The church, in memory of former favours, complains of her present evils. Professing her integrity, she fervently prays for succour.
Insights and Prayers
- God expects us to call on Him when we are sick. He can
- (1) give our strength back;
- (2) make us well; and
- (3) heal us.
- Sometimes we are sick because of our sin, or neglect of our bodies, or germs or infection, or we’ve been exposed to sickness, or we’ve been in an accident.
- Lord, thank You for all the times I’ve felt good, and thank You for the past times I’ve been healed. Now I pray for health or healing. Amen.
- Lord, I thirst for You, I want to stand in Your presence. Night and day I search for You.
- I used to be close to You, now I weep because I can’t come into Your house. I will sing and give praise to You. I will worship You with other worshipers. Amen.
- There are times when God seems to be ignoring our requests, and the more we pray, the less we know. The “deep” of my pain calls to the “deep” of God’s mystery.
- We must learn to trust God because He is there, He loves us, and He will do good for us. But no answer. We ask, “Where is your God” (Ps. 42:3)? We question further, “Why are you cast down, O my soul?” (Ps. 42:5).
- Lord, You allow storms, but they don’t last a lifetime. You allow me to get lost in the desert, but You also lead me beside still water. I will wait. Amen.
- Lord, I am far away and I feel alienated. Send light and truth to lead me into Your presence.
- I will confess my sins that separate me from You. Then I will praise You for forgiveness. Amen.
Lord, I confess my sin that allowed my enemies to triumph over me.
- My sword and battle skills will not give me victory.
- Come help me, for You are the only One who can save me. Amen.
- Bible Summary – Adapted from The Treasury of Scripture Knowledge by R. A. Torrey
- Insights and Prayers – Adapted from The Prayer Bible