Psalms chapter 26, David resorts to God in confidence of his integrity.
Psalms chapter 27, David sustains his faith by prayer.
Psalms chapter 28, David prays earnestly against his enemies; and for the people.
Psalms chapter 29, David exhorts princes to give glory to God; by reason of his power; and protection of his people.
Psalms chapter 30, David praises God for his deliverance. He exhorts others to praise him by example of God’s dealings with him.
Psalms chapter 31, David, shewing his confidence in God, craves his help. He rejoices in his mercy. He prays in his calamity. He praises God for his goodness.
Insights and Prayers
- Lord, examine me to see my integrity. I’m not perfect, but I sincerely follow You and try to live a blameless life. See Your love in my heart; I love You with all my heart. Amen.
- The followers of God will seek after intimacy with God and pray to enjoy fellowship with God as they wait in His presence.
- Lord, I come into Your presence to spend time with You; don’t lump me with disobedient sinners. Let me see Your beauty and worship You. I will be faithful to come to Your house to praise and worship You with other believers. Amen.
- Lord, I need Your help; don’t be silent. If You don’t answer my prayer, I’ll be just like the unsaved. Don’t treat me like them; I seek Your help, but they ignore You. You are my strength and protection. I sing Your praise for past deliverance and for what You will do for me now. Amen.
- Lord, I hear Your mighty voice in the thunder, and I hear You roar in the waves of the sea. I feel Your strength in the powerful floods, and I’m awed by Your powerful voice in the storms. You sit enthroned in heaven and rule what happens on earth.
- Give me Your strength to live through the storms of life. Amen.
- Lord, You have protected me and not allowed the enemy to defeat me. You have kept me through sickness and delivered me from dying. I have wept through the night, but You always brought joy in the morning. Amen.
- Every believer will face those who lie about them. What can they do after all efforts fail to talk to the person? The psalmist teaches us to bring the matter in prayer to God.
- Lord, I need You to help me because lies are being told about me. I hate lies because I serve You, the Truth. Even my friends believe the lies. Protect me when I can’t protect myself. I pray for the “liars” that You might save them from sin. Strengthen me to deal with them. May I do it in truth. Amen.
- Bible Summary – Adapted from The Treasury of Scripture Knowledge by R. A. Torrey
- Insights and Prayers – Adapted from The Prayer Bible