Psalms chapter 11, David encourages himself in God against his enemies. The providence and justice of God.
Psalms chapter 12, David, destitute of human comfort, craves help of God. He comforts himself with God’s promises, and his judgments on the wicked.
Psalms chapter 13, David complains of delay. He prays for preventing grace. He boasts of divine mercy.
Psalms chapter 14, David describes a natural man. He convinces the wicked by the light of their conscience. He glories in the salvation of God.
Psalms chapter 15, David describes a citizen of Zion.
Insights and Prayers
- No matter what evil is planned against us, we trust in God who does all things right. God will judge the evil ones in due time. Lord, I trust You to protect me, guide me, and use me. Amen.
- We must discipline our tongues. God will judge all lying tongues
- because of the harm they do to others;
- because it offends God who is truth; and
- because it destroys our character.
- Lord, I will tell the truth because You are the truth. I will tell the truth because of the harm that lies have on others. I will tell the truth in order to be honest with my character. Amen.
- The psalmist is begging God to help him win over his enemy. He is pleading, “How long?” Lord, when I need help, come immediately. When I don’t understand what You’re doing, give me patience. Amen.
- Those who reject God’s work in the world
- deny God’s existence;
- will not call on God;
- turn to their evil ways;
- are terrorised by the right; and
- will turn against those who can’t protect themselves.
- Lord, I know You exist, and You will always do right, You will judge those who reject You, and those who give themselves to sin. Amen.
- The psalmist asks who the true worshiper is. That person is more than one who enters God’s sanctuary with sincere words.
- He must have a life of good works that backs up his words. Lord, I will live in accord with what I know is right. I will match my words with actions. Be pleased with my speech and my service to You. Amen.
- Bible Summary – Adapted from The Treasury of Scripture Knowledge by R. A. Torrey
- Insights and Prayers – Adapted from The Prayer Bible