2 Chronicles 35-36
2 Chronicles chapter 35, Josiah keeps a most solemn passover. He provoking Pharaoh-necho, is slain at Megiddo. Lamentations for Josiah.
2 Chronicles chapter 36, Jehoahaz succeeding, is deposed by Pharaoh, and carried into Egypt. Jehoiakim reigning ill, is carried bound into Babylon. Jehoiachin succeeding, reigns ill, and is brought into Babylon. Zedekiah succeeding, reigns ill, despises the prophets, and rebels against Nebuchadnezzar. Jerusalem, for the sins of the priests and the people, is wholly destroyed. The proclamation of Cyrus.
Insights and Prayers
- Lord, I will sing the song of my heart to You.
- I love You and will tell You in the music of my soul.
- There are many who sing much better than I; so I will listen and worship You.
- I need Your music when I go about making money, or taking care of my family, or doing the things required of me.
- When I lie upon my bed, I will sing to You; when I rise in the morning I will thank You for the challenge of a new day.
- I will worship You through music all day long. Amen.
- Bible Summary – Adapted from The Treasury of Scripture Knowledge by R. A. Torrey
- Insights and Prayers – Adapted from The Prayer Bible