2 Chronicles 27-29
2 Chronicles chapter 27, Jotham reigning well, prospers. He subdues the Ammonites. His reign and death; Ahaz succeeds him.
2 Chronicles chapter 28, Ahaz reigning very wickedly, is greatly afflicted by the Syrians. Judah being captivated by the Israelites, is sent home by the counsel of Oded the prophet. Ahaz sending for aid to Assyria, is not helped thereby. In his distress he grows more idolatrous. He dying, Hezekiah succeeds him.
2 Chronicles chapter 29, Hezekiah’s good reign. He restores religion. He exhorts the Levites. They sanctify themselves, and cleanse the house of God. Hezekiah offers solemn sacrifices, wherein the Levites are more forward than the priests.
Insights and Prayers
- Lord, I will examine my life to see if I’m compromising my walk with You or my worship of You.
- Open my blind eyes to see if I have compromised anything at all.
- I will repent and give You first place in every area of life. Amen.
- I am a person of dynamic energy and indomitable strength because I walk steadfastly before the Lord.
- Bible Summary – Adapted from The Treasury of Scripture Knowledge by R. A. Torrey
- Insights and Prayers – Adapted from The Prayer Bible