2 Chronicles 24-26
2 Chronicles chapter 24, Joash reigns well all the days of Jehoiada. He gives order for the repair of the temple. Jehoiada’s death and honourable burial. Joash, falling into idolatry, slays Zechariah the son of Jehoiada. Joash is spoiled by the Syrians, and slain by Zabad and Jehozabad. Amaziah succeeds him.
2 Chronicles chapter 25, Amaziah begins to reign well. He executes justice on the traitors. Having hired an army of Israelites against the Edomites, at the word of a prophet dismisses them. He overthrows the Edomites. The Israelites, discontented with their dismission, spoil as they return home. Amaziah, proud of his victory, serves the gods of Edom, and despises the admonitions of the prophet. He provokes Joash to his overthrow. His reign. He is slain by conspiracy.
2 Chronicles chapter 26, Uzziah succeeding, and reigning well in the days of Zechariah, prospers. Waxing proud, he invades the priest’s office, and is smitten with leprosy. He dies, and Jotham succeeds him.
Insights and Prayers
- Lord, I will do my best to keep away from the snares of evil men.
- Thank You for helping me see people as they really are. Protect me when I can’t protect myself. Amen.
- I stand on the Lord’s promise that as long as I seek Him, He will give me success in all that I do.
- I have been given a mind of creativity for designing and building. In all that I do, I am greatly helped by the Lord.
- I will not forget what He has done for me and will remain faithful to Him all the days of my life.
- Bible Summary – Adapted from The Treasury of Scripture Knowledge by R. A. Torrey
- Insights and Prayers – Adapted from The Prayer Bible